Wednesday, April 25, 2018

# What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday



Hey everyone! I can't believe that we are coming to the END of April! That is just insane to me. What is even more insane is that means the next month is May, which is the month we are due with little man!! I can hardly believe it, for awhile I didn't think we would make it haha. 

But today I am linking up with Mel, Shay, and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday, so here's what we've been up to this month!




1. WHAT WE ARE EATING THIS WEEK

On Saturday, my in laws took Mike, my sister/brother in law out to a fancy steak dinner at Flemings, just because. And it was wonderful! We fed on crab cakes, filet mignon, potatoes, mac n cheese, and had a chocolate lava tower for dessert-it was heavenly! 

I mean, it doesn't get much better than that.
In terms of what I'm cooking this week, we are having stuffed shells, courtesy of the Pioneer Woman, and pulled pork sandwiches. 

2. WHAT I AM REMINISCING ABOUT

My flat tummy! Ha! I know that sounds so vain, but I honestly don't remember what it feels like to not have a gigantic belly. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my belly because that means my son is growing nice and healthy, but it seems like it's been 5 years since I could get of bed without having to be pushed by Mike. 

This is what I feel like at this point in pregnancy haha

3. WHAT I'M LOVING

Being on maternity leave! It has been so nice to be able to catch up on some sleeps with a nap during the day, and to be able to get the small last minute things taken care of before little man gets here. So I have definitely been binge watching TV, reading books, and taking at least a nap a day, because I know in a few short weeks, those days will be no more!


4. WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO

As stated above, I have been reallllly good at relaxing lately. Besides that, Mike has been a champ getting all the last minute things ready, he put together our stroller, installed our car seats, getting the guest room completely ready, painting, basically, Mike has been up to everything lately! He is definitely my hero. 



5. WHAT I'M DREADING

Labor. Even though I know the outcome will be more than worth it, I would be lying to say that I am not terrified of it. But I keep telling myself it is only temporary, and after it's all over I will get to snuggle that little man in my arms and I will forget all about it!

6. WHAT I'M WORKING ON

No official work at the moment, because did I mention I'm on maternity leave? ;) But I am working around the house to get all the last minute things in order before we deliver. 

7. WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT

Meeting this little guy!!!!



8. WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING

I asked for some book recommendations so I could have some me time before the baby gets here, and the large consensus was A Man Called Ove. I'm only a few chapters in but I'm starting to realize why everyone is raving about it! In terms of TV, Survivor is still a staple in the Petrellese house, and I started watching Splitting up Together and it's a cute new show-I mean, ya can't go wrong with Hunky Oliver Hudson and the adorable Pam from the Office. 




9. WHAT I'M LISTENING TO

The Greatest Showman is still in my car CD player, and I'm not ashamed! 



10. WHAT I'M WEARING

Let's be real, folks. I'm wearing a whole lot of comfy sweats, maternity tshirts, and flip flops because none of my shoes fit me anymore haha. But I am embracing it and will hopefully be back in my normal jeans by the end of summer!

11. WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND

Every year Mike is in a hockey tournament down in San Jose. He plays with the same team so it's been kind of a tradition for us, it's one of our favorite weekends of the year. This year is obviously a bit different since I am VERY pregnant, but we are still going and are going to take it hour by hour and enjoy it!

With the team!

We look like babies!!

12. WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH

Becoming a mom!!! ....I'm sensing a trend here, aren't you?...

That's about it! I hope you all have a fantastic month!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates