Monday, August 18, 2014

# Fun-Employment

Fun-Employment




It is 10 am on Monday Morning and I am still in my raggy sweatpants, ratty t-shirt, hair is a hot mess and I’m on my first cup of coffee. Why am I not at work on this blissful, windy morning you ask? That answer is easy. I don’t have to be. This is the first Monday in years, that I can remember, that I don’t have to be ANYWHERE. And it is strange yet liberating. I recently left my job at the beautiful Fairmont San Francisco as an event planner in pursuit of my dream profession-teaching. But more on that another day.

The million dollar question now is, what am I going to do with all of this newfound time? Well, I have a couple things on my list already; dive in to my daily devotional, start and stick to a workout plan, cook dinner for my future hubby,  plan our wedding, start the credential program, student teach in the classroom, stay on top of the laundry, make more time for my family and friends, and blog. Whew. To be honest, I never had an interest in blogging until I came across the lovely Shay Shull's site and she inspired me to start this crazy journey. (Yes, that was an indirect reference to the Bachelor show, which her younger brother starred on). I figure that if I take some time to document my life and what I’m going through, it will be a pretty cool way to look back on it in 20 years (cuz let’s be real, I haven’t written in my diary in 15 years-ptsh, that was so middle school). And since I am going through so many life changes right now, it might even be a way to help someone else in need through my writing, and that would be a pretty awesome thing. Right? Right.

So as I embark on my fun-employment stage, I will be documenting all things 25-year-old-girl; career changes, wedding dresses, cooking ideas, navigating engagement life, and so much more. Thanks so much for taking this journey with me, it should prove to be a wild ride! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go through this crazy adventure with you through your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Meagan!! Crazy how we're growing up :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us @soratemplates