Wednesday, August 27, 2014

# Worship

Worship Wednesday


God is good, plain and simple. I will be the first to admit that I was a complete mess really shaken up after the earthquake on Sunday morning. I thought that I could get through it by staying busy and just trying not to think about it anymore, and by doing that, I would be fine and not be so scared. Two nights ago I thought I was totally fine, only to be awoken in the early morning by a 4.0 after shock. I instantly rolled over and clung to Mike, and the racing heart and complete sense of fear took over again.

But when I opened my daily devotional that morning, I was amazed at how God was working right in front of me. I opened up to yesterdays date and this is what God said to me: “Your inner calm-your peace in my presence-need not be shaken by what is going on around you. Instead of desperately striving to maintain order and control in your little world, relax and remember that circumstances cannot touch my peace.” It just blew my mind that after 48 hours of being so scared and feeling so helpless, that I open my bible and God wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in to Him.

In all honesty, my walk with God is something that I work on everyday, and some days are easier than others. It is so easy to push Him away, and the stubborn in me tells me I can do things on my own, but I can’t. This quake was a complete wake up call to me, and God was right there with me the whole time, telling me to let go of my worries and fears and give them all to Him. There is no better feeling than knowing that you can let go of all of your pain, fear, resentment, hurt, and He will willingly take it from you because he loves us that much. Sometimes thinking about God’s greatness can be overwhelming, and too good to be true, but as soon as I pray and I see His work, a sense of calm washes over me and I instantly feel at peace.

As terrifying as this quake experience was, it has brought me closer to Him. He flat out told me that I am not in control (which lets be real, I always like to feel like I am in control), and to trust Him and He will take care of me. I will gladly throw up my hands and say “alrighty Lord, I’ll let you handle it and take care of the millions of people who are coming to you. Go do yo thang!” I will undoubtedly stray away and will have to come back to Him, but He will always be there waiting for me with open arms. But God, next time, can you please just send me a smaller reminder, rather than a 6.0 quake? Thankyouverymuch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates