Monday, September 8, 2014

# Vacays

Hit It


The day finally came! We were FINALLY able to spend a day out on the water and do my favorite thing in the entire world-boating. With all of the engagement parties, bridal showers, bachelorette parties, weddings, and normal family stuff mixed in, our weekends have been extremely busy all summer. But today we finally had the chance to spend a few hours out on the delta and tooled around. It had been a year since I had been up on my wakeboard, but it was like riding a bike, and got right back into the swing of things. 

My cousin has a boat that is docked in a boathouse on the delta, and he offered to take me, the fiancĂ©, and a couple friends out on the water for the day (and the best cousin award goes to...)! We each took a couple rounds on the board and then docked the boat so we could enjoy some yummy homemade sandwiches and some beers water. Once we were fat and happy, we each went another round, and after a few face-plants and massive air jumps, we decided to call it a day. Once we got the boat docked in the garage, my friend Krista and I gave it a whirl on the paddle board (which was surprisingly not as boring as I thought it would be and was seriously relaxing) and had some old fashioned tanning and girl time. 

Even though Sundays are usually the day of rest, we were all thankful to have gotten up early, caught that early worm and spend the day in good company. Even though we are only an hour away from home, it felt as if we were on a mini vacay and it was so nice to get away and tear up the water a bit. Even though I am STOKED for fall - pumpkin spice lattes, sweaters, booties and scarves, need I say more - I almost wish we had another month of summer so I could catch up on the water time that I had missed. Alas, it was a great day, and am very thankful for the time spent with friends, family, and fun. 

My friend Krista, crazy cuzo and her bf Dimitri
Say hello to Captain Kendra and Cuzo Ronnie
Dimitri killin in
Flyin Cuzo

Me and my hunk

The Paddleboarding Goddesses



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates