Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Rainy Day Recess = No Bueno

*Insert huuuuuuuge sigh of relief that Monday is over…here*

 Mondays are usually a tad bit of a struggle, but holy cow was this Monday a toughie! California has been in a major drought for far too long and we have been desperately missing rain. So the past week or so we've been getting rain here or there, but today was the first day in as long as I can remember that we had RAIN. And folks, it makes the kids CRAAAAAZY. Which in turn makes me EXHAUSTED. 

Once the rain starts falling, I think it magically turns those kids into the Tasmanian Devil-making them incapable of listening, walking, doing anything remotely quietly, and causes them to ask 1,456 questions about every little thing. I was definitely sending up a few prayers for patience today, and the good Lord is testing me, but I will fight through it! 

So I apologize if this post is a tad short, Mrs. P is too busy drowning her Monday Blues in wine while wearing my blardigan and watching Vanderpump Rules. Please don't judge me. 

But I will leave you with this adorable video. While rainy day recesses have quickly become the bane of my existence, it does provide a bit of entertainment. Check out my kiddos gettin doooooown on some Gangham Style. 


I mean, lets be real, how many other professions allow you to watch adorable 9 year olds dance their little hearts out to music videos that are sung in another language? Even though those little munchkins drove me absolutely bonkers today, those kids sure do have my heart. 

And because it is cold and dreary outside and I'm feeling under the weather, my sweet sweet husband made me homemade chicken soup to soothe my soul. Boy am I a lucky girl. 


Thanks for stopping by! So given that Monday was an absolute struggle fest, I have no doubt that Tuesday will be totally terrific :) 

*Linking up with for Live Randomly Simple and Sparkles of Sunshine for Totally Terrific Tuesday (see what I did there) for some fun! 
I hope you all have a fantastic day!!


8 comments:

  1. That soup looks delicious. I am glad Monday is over, but today is my Monday at work so I am on the struggle bus for sure. ugh. Sending you a smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Mondays are always a toughie to get through! Hope you survived your Monday Struggle Bus-yay for it being over!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, are you a lucky lady that your hubs made you some chicken soup! Please send him over to give my husband cooking lessons. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww thank you! I thank my lucky stars everyday for that sweet man! Haha I will gladly send him your way! ;)

      Delete
  3. Hey there, so glad you are getting the much needed rain! And the chicken noodle soup looks so yummy! What a sweet hubby! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeeee tooooo!!! We need the rain desperately! I wish it would stay a little longer, one day and it was gone! That sweet man of mine sure does know the way to my heart…through food ;)

      Delete
  4. As much as I'm happy you guys are getting rain, it sounds a bit tough with the kiddos! I am picturing a classroom full of kids just going crazy, haha!
    Oh and I've been wearing my blardigan every evening these last few weeks. It's the best. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha as crazy as they can be, I will gladly take the rain! We need it desperately and the drought has lasted so long I almost forgot how much I love the rain!

      And giiiirl, that blardigan is one of the best investments I've made! So glad you get me :)

      Delete

Follow Us @soratemplates