Thursday, May 3, 2018

# Family # Mom Life

Hubby's Hockey Tourny

Oh CAHA. Each year my hubby plays in the California Amateur's Hockey Association tournament, and it is one of our favorite weekends of the year! This was our 4th year, 4th year! Every year, the same group of guys get together and kick butt at the tourny down in San Jose. The past few years, Mike and I have gotten a hotel and stayed in San Jose with the team, and treat it as a mini getaway. We spend most of the days at the rink, then go up to the awesome bar/restaurant they have that overlooks the rinks and pig out on bar food and beer. Then we usually all go out for a team dinner and hit the town for some drinks after. This year, obviously, looked a bit different for us. Me being 9 months pregnant, it was just going to be too much for me. So this year we stayed at my parents house in Castro Valley and drove down for each game. It worked out well, but we definitely missed spending the whole weekend with the team! The guys on the team, and their wives/girlfriends have become like our second family, and we feel so grateful to have this awesome group in our lives! 

Here's a look down memory lane of past tournaments! 


2014


This was our first year back in 2014! It was 11 am and we had already celebrated with 3 mimosas each, oh what a fun day we had
This was 2 weeks before he proposed! He had told the team, so they all knew, but I had NO IDEA!! We look like babies!
2015
In between games we went to Dave and Busters! Played some games, had some shots, and had an awesome time.

Our group out for drinks after a day of hockey!
2016

One of the only times you will see my hubby drink alcohol is on this weekend :)
2 of my favorite girls - out with our men!

2017
Last year I attended a John Pardi concert with work friends the day before the tourny, and the concert was right across the street from the hotel Mike and I were staying at! Definitely a fun way to start the weekend early!
Hubby snapped this pic of me before the first game :)

As a thank you for freezing my butt off at the rink all weekend, hubby treated me to some Cream :)

Last year my poor husband's back went out in Game 3, so he had to sit out the last game of the tourny.

2018

9 Months preggers but still cheering my man on!



All the wives/gfs! 
Silly hubby photobombing. Love this girl so much

Some of the best men I know! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates