Monday, May 7, 2018

# Pregnancy

Maternity Mondays - Week 38

Holy cow friends. This is it. This is my last week being pregnant!! It really hasn't sunk in yet to be honest. I am so incredibly excited, but also really nervous! Due to a concern with the umbilical cord, they are wanting to induce us a week early. So when we walk into the hospital next Saturday night, we know we will be walking out as a family of THREE! Which is so incredibly overwhelming to think about. 


Awkward
-Everything about my physically is awkward at this stage
-The number of times I get up to pee in the middle of the night - my poor husband

Awesome
-Getting my last mani/pedi for awhile. I had to choose a baby blue color in honor of our little man
-Knowing we made it as far as we can go. That is such a blessing and a relief to us


How far along? 38 Weeks
Maternity Clothes? Yep. I'll be honest. I'm pretty much living in my comfy pj pants and a baggy shirt. Nothing else makes me feel as comfortable at this point. 
Stretch Marks? Just the couple small dots on my hips, but those are the only ones so far!
Best Moment this Week: Having one last Me Date, treating myself to a mani-pedi
Miss Anything: I think being able to sleep comfortably. I know sleep will be few and far between in a week or so, but being able to physically get comfortable will be a small blessing
Movement: This little man is one stubborn dude. On Friday, I didn't feel him at all, so we had to make the trip to Labor and Delivery. Even though his heartbeat came up strong on the NST, the doctor was concerned for lack of movement when she did the ultrasound. She told us that if the movement was still not what it should be, to call back the next day. Low and behold, the next day, no kicks. Went back in to L and D, heartbeat was incredibly solid, and we had little movement on the ultra sound machine. They scheduled me for another NST for Monday for an extra day of monitoring just to be safe. Flash forward to Sunday, he's moving up a storm. This little guy likes to keep us on our toes!
Food Cravings: Not really, just looking forward to eating a deli sandwich :)
Labor Signs: Just the Braxton Hicks at this point, and is becoming more and more exhausted a sign of labor? ;)
Looking Forward to: This time next week, I might be a Mom. And the blessing of that is not lost on me. I just cannot wait. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates