Sunday, August 26, 2018

# Mom Life

I've Become THAT Mom...

Well, it's the first of many I suppose. The first of many aha moments realizing I've become that Mom. And when it happened, I couldn't help but laugh at myself! You see, before I got pregnant, and especially while I was pregnant, you are privy to many different people's experiences with kids. You get their opinions, suggestions, what they did, what worked for them, which is extremely helpful, but also can be overwhelming! 

In our Newborn Care Class, they suggested that Baby sleep in our room in a bassinet at first so we can be close to each other, have easy access to feeding, bonding, and all that good stuff. They said it's personal preference on how long you can have them sleep in your room, some say 3 months, some say 6, I've talked to some people who still have their little one sleeping with them until their first birthday. Like I said, it's personal preference. Before Miles came along, I said that I would have him in his own room, in his crib as soon as we could, I was thinking like, 3 months ish. 

But as soon as that little nugget entered the world, I couldn't get enough of him! I don't know about you, but every little move and sound he made, I would wake up and check on him, I think that's human nature. But as he started to get older, I knew that I didn't need to check on him every time he made a sound, however, I still subconsciously woke up each time he started to stir. You can imagine that this made for a very tired mama, because I was losing out on sleep unnecessarily. That's when I started to throw around the idea to Mike that we think about moving him into his crib sometime soon so I wouldn't wake up at every little sound. He instantly said, "NO! I'm not ready for that!" Haha, which surprised me, and I thought it was cute. Then I realized, when I really thought about it, it was really hard for me to grasp the fact that this phase was going to end and I'd never get it back. I know he's not going to be this little for very long, and once we transition him to his crib, he won't ever sleep next to me all tucked into his bassinet. And this made me really sad. Like I said above, I thought I would be the mom that kicked him out as soon as possible and it wouldn't phase me, but boy was I wrong! The thought made me really sad and I had the first glimpse of the feeling that my baby was growing up! I know I'm going to have many more of those moments throughout his lifetime, but this first one caught me off guard!

Stay tuned tomorrow to see what we decided... 

Just a sweet photo of me and my boy reading stories on the floor


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates