Friday, October 19, 2018

Zoo Day!

We can check another first off Miles' List! Mike had the day off so we spontaneously decided to take a trip to the Oakland Zoo, and we had such a great day! It had been about 12 years since I had last been, so I was excited to go back, even more so with our little one in tow! Now, I know he is so young, that he couldn't really enjoy it, but it's my goal to get outside with him every day, so it was a great way to expose him to someplace new! 

I love my boys

We only stayed a couple hours, but it was a perfect amount of time for us. We walked around the original zoo, and we got lucky to watch a monkey swing from tree to tree for a long time! Miles was definitely interested in watching that! Then we headed up to the new portion of the zoo, and it was so cool! The gondola ride was really fun, and it was so cool to look over the bay-it really made me stop and think how incredibly grateful we are to live in such a beautiful place. 

Posing with the Bald Eagle

Gondola Ride!

The only bummer was that most of the animals up top were not in their enclosures. So we didn't get to see the wolves, the black bears, or the grizzly bears, which Mike was really looking forward to seeing. We were able to see a mountain lion climb a tree and hop from branch to branch which was pretty cool. 

I've waited for so long to be able to baby wear my own child, so grateful

After we hung out up top for a bit, we headed back down to see the giraffes and baboons, which was fun because there were a bunch of babies running around and playing! Then we decided to stop by for some In N Out and head back home. It was a really great morning and just made me so thankful for this life God has given me to live. 

My heart







No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates