Friday, September 26, 2014

# Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday my beautiful friends! Since Friday is everyone's favorite day, I've decided to make this Friday post all about my favorites! And this Friday Favorite is a doozy. If you like ooey, gooey, and sweet, this fall dessert is perfect for you! I made it on Monday afternoon, and Mike and I liked it so much, it's already gone. Whoopsie. But that's what this time of year is for, isn't it? Cooking up cozy meals in the kitchen as we slowly watch our waistbands expand while we think about what we're most thankful for. This is what my holiday seasons consist of...right along with my yearly New Year's Resolution to get into shape...this year will be no exception! 

I can't take all the credit, this was Ms. Shay Shull's wonderful post, and the Petrellese household is thanking their lucky stars for her!



Shopping List
1 can of refrigerated biscuits (I used Grands Buttermilk)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 apples, thinly sliced (I only ended up using 1, but you can add more apples if that's what you fancy)
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons cream cheese
splash of milk
2 tablespoons powdered sugar


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

Spray a loaf pan with Pam and set aside

Cut biscuits in half. In a small bowl, combine your sugar and cinnamon together.

Toss biscuits in sugar mixture to coat.

Arrange slices of biscuits and slices of apple in your pan alternating between each


Sprinkle any remaining sugar down over the top of your bake and place your butter on top too



Bake 25 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let rest in pan 5 minutes before removing from loaf pan by inverting it onto a platter.


While the bread is cooling, make your icing. Combine cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Whisk in more powdered sugar if the icing is too thin and more milk if it's too thick. Drizzle icing over cooled bread. 


Trust me, this dessert is worth every single calorie, seriously. If you are looking for an easy, festive, fall dessert, then look no further! Happy Baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates