Wednesday, April 4, 2018

# Pregnancy

Baby P Makes 3!

You guys! Mike and I are going to be parents!! We really can't believe it. This has been a long time in the making, and we are so incredibly excited! I have been trying to write this post for a long time, but to say that it has been a crazy time would be an understatement! But now that we are getting so close, and I have some time to sit down and write (Spring Break what what!), I thought it would be a great time to start to document our journey. 

Our journey to parenthood has not been an easy one, it has been a very blessed one, but it has been a windy road. Our journey started with a loss, which you can read about here, but we were very blessed to get pregnant again right away. After our miscarriage, it took 2ish months for my cycle to be regular, which made waiting to try again seem like forever. We got lucky, timed it right, and got pregnant again on our first shot. Being able to become pregnant the first two times we have tried is definitely not lost on me. God has definitely blessed us in that regard. 

Our pregnancy story is actually very similar to our first one. After our miscarriage, and when my cycle came back and we started trying again, that 2 week wait is never fun. I woke up on the Friday morning that we could now accurately test, and couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. Last time, I couldn't sleep and took that test at 5 am because I was so excited. This time around, I feel like I had my hopes up so high, I was nervous to take the test and have it say NO. I was laying in bed, and Mike asked me if I was going to take the test before he left for work. I was pretty apprehensive and really didn't want to, but I dragged myself out of bed and shuffled to the bathroom. As I waited for that timer to tick away, I wasn't bouncing on the toilet seat like last time, instead I had my head in my lap and was just praying God for peace either way. After a few minutes, I looked at the test, and I was whole heartedly expecting it to say NO, but I was blown away to see it say YES. It was unreal. I had to blink a couple times to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. Sure enough, it still said YES. So I slowly walked over to Mike in bed, and said, "Well, you have some pretty amazing swimmers. Are you ready to do this again?" His reaction was "No way. Really?!" We didn't giggle like kids like last time, I think it was because we were just in shock. Over the next few days, we started to become more excited, but obviously we were optimistically cautious. With each passing week, it became more and more real, and we became more and more excited. 


Ready for Round 2!!

We couldn't be more excited to be on this journey together, through our ups and downs, it has truly brought us closer together. Mike has been the best partner to me, and the best dad to our little one, and I am so extremely excited to get through this homestretch so we can meet our little man. 

As we are nearing the end, I thought it would be fun to look back on the milestones from each trimester, to celebrate this crazy journey we are on! 

You can read about our First Trimester here

You can read about our Second Trimester here

And you can read about where we are at in our Third Trimester here

5 Weeks and Counting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates