Wednesday, April 4, 2018

# Pregnancy

Trimester 1


Holy cow people. Pregnancy is no joke. Mike and I were extremely blessed with this pregnancy, but holy moly was the first trimester a butt kicker! As soon as I hit 6 weeks, the morning sickness started. I'll never forget, it was a Thursday afternoon, the kiddos had left for the day, and I was getting ready to head home too, and then all of a sudden, I had this wave of nausea hit me and I ran to the restroom and just barely made it to the toilet. As soon as I got sick, I instantly felt better, and then I realized that I was indeed experiencing morning sickness! I called my mom on the way home from work and was so excited that I had experienced my first pregnancy symptom-I was stoked! We both laughed and thought it was the coolest thing! 

By the weekend, my once a day morning sickness took over my life. And when I say it took over my life, that is not an understatement, friends. From Week 6 until about 14 Weeks, I was nauseous All.Day.Long. I literally could not get out of bed in the morning without eating a couple crackers and drinking water, and even then, I would throw that right back up once I got out of bed. My poor kiddos had to endure me running out of the room in the middle of teaching a lesson to run to the bathroom, I thankfully only had to grab a trash can and go outside once, so I will call that a small blessing! As soon as I would get home from work, I couldn't get off the couch, and just had to rest. Mike would always joke that I was getting sick so much that he could tell my different walks to the bathroom (if I walked, I just had to pee, if I walked quickly, it was go time) and the different sounds emanating from the bathroom once I made it there (whether it was just dry heaves and he could leave me be, or actually getting sick and then he would be there with a cold bottle of water for me). 

To say that he was a Godsend would be an understatement. He went to the store, did all the shopping, did all the cooking, had the house stocked with the few things that sometimes made me feel better, and you guys, he never lost his patience with me ONCE. And no, I'm not lying, he was seriously the most patient man, and his patience and kindness is something that I will remember for the rest of my life. He told me that watching me go through that, the least he could do was do his best to help make me feel better. You guys, I got a good one. 

Everyone kept telling me that the morning sickness usually subsides once you get to the second trimester, and I remember around Week 8 that I didn't think I could make it another 5 weeks of this! But then I would remind myself that the reason I was feeling so sick was because our little nugget was growing inside me, and I needed to stay tough. And thankfully, around Week 14 I started to feel more like myself, and I couldn't be more thankful.

So our first trimester was a doozy, but we got through it together, well, mostly Mike got us through it, but we came out on the other side! 1 Trimester down, 2 to go!!

Right when we found out! September 17, 2017
In the heart of Morning Sickness - October 11, 2017

First Picture of our little Nugget - October 18, 2017
Just Chillin - November 10, 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates