Wednesday, September 17, 2014

# Home Sweet Home

Falling for Fall


Ok. It's official. I am addicted to Hobby Lobby. I could get lost in that store. It is AMAZING and a Pinterest's fan dream! It is no secret that I have an addiction to Fall, it is by far my favorite season; pumpkin spice lattes, crisp weather, cuddling up with a fuzzy blanket, pumpkin spice lattes, scarves, boots, baking, did I mention pumpkin spice lattes?! The season just warms my soul, and makes me really think twice about all the things I am thankful for. One of those things are a fiancĂ© that lets me feed my own addiction before it is technically even Fall. When I asked him when I could start decorating our house, he told me the first day of Fall, but I was able to convince him to let me do it a week earlier than that, and I marked that day on my calendar and here we are!

Every time I walk into Hobby Lobby I get so excited, but today reached a new level-40% OFF ALL FALL DECOR!!! WHAT?!?!?! *Faints* I couldn't contain my excitement, I grabbed a cart and headed right over to the seasonal section. Even though my tingling fingers wanted to grab everything in sight (remember how I said I had an addiction), but I decided to peruse all of the aisles before I put anything in my cart.

Like I said, I LOVE Fall, so when I decorate the house, I like to decorate it more "harvesty" rather than Halloween, so that way we can enjoy the decor all the way into November for Thanksgiving, rather than having to switch out the decorations after Halloween for Thanksgiving, and then again for Christmas. Not my style, I like to make things as easy as possible. 

So instead of grabbing all of the cute purple and orange "trick-or-treat" decor, I kept the colors more of a neutral pallet, grabbing mostly oranges, browns, and whites. This is the first Fall season that I've lived in the house with Mike, so I was able to get creative with what I bought. Because I'm not working at the moment, (see my Fun-Employment post here) I made sure that I gave myself a budget, or else I would go crazy. So I decided to start small, and once I got all the decor up, I could make the executive decision to go out to finish the look. 

I think I have a pretty good start, our house doesn't have too much extra space to put up cutesey things, but I did my best! I didn't think it was that much until Mike got home and said he felt as if Michael's threw up in our house (clearly he was over-exaggerating)-just wait until he sees what I do for Chrismukkah (I'm Christian and celebrate Christmas, and Mike is Jewish and celebrates Hannukah, so I'm going to decorate for both holidays)! 


My cart at Hobby Lobby-whoopsie!
The walkway up to our house, I'm not completely sold on the pumpkins on the stairs...
Front Door-
Can you tell I have an obsession with pumpkins?!
                                                       
Wreath-Hobby Lobby
Door Mat and Hanger-Target
The "P" is an adhesive that I put on the pumpkin to give it a little touch of Petrellese!
 PS The haybale is Hobby Lobby too-love!
Our mantle in our front room, a little hard to see but the leaves are lit up and have pumpkins on them :)

Totally stylish pumpkin I had to find a place for

This is at the top of our stairs. The milk crates are there all year round,
but I spruced them up with the leaves and pumpkins
This is on the wall right when you walk into the house 
Still trying to figure out something to do to the space on the left, any ideas???
 I would love to see pictures of your decorations, and any suggestions you can throw my way, or any sweet finds you have found lately, I would love to hear about them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates