Monday, January 5, 2015

Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner

Happy Monday friends! I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend! Mine was filled with the gym, dog walks, and a very exciting girls night out! Back in July-yes, July-my sister in law asked me what I was doing on January 3rd...not having planned my calendar 6 months in advance, I told her I could probably pencil her in ;) Come to find out, she scored a pretty sweet deal on Groupon for tickets to Dirty Dancing on Broadway and wanted to get a group together to celebrate her birthday. I told her she had me at 'I carried a watermelon' - if you don't get that reference, then we seriously need to talk. Seriously. Now. So I told her to count me in! Fast forward 6 months and it was here! Theresa (my sis in law), invited her friends from her mothers group, her mom, her mother in law, and me, 17 people later, dinner, cocktails and some Johnny Castle, it was sure to be a fun night.

paula (theresa's mother in law), meeee, theresa, sharon (my mother in law)
We grabbed dinner at a cool restaurant in Sacramento called Malabar, if you're ever in the area and are looking for a place to grab cocktails and a nice dinner, this is a great option-not fancy, but great food, and not too stuffy. Highly recommend it. After some cocktails and complimentary dessert for the birthday girls (our birthdays are 4 days apart), it was off to the show!

the birthday girls
Now, for those of you who speak my musical theatre language, then you must check out Community Center Theatre in Sacramento. It is a beautiful 3 tiered theatre that runs Broadway shows, and it is more affordable than the shows in San Francisco, and there are so many awesome restaurants downtown that you could definitely make a night of it. For all my theatre peeps, Jospeh and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (one of my all time favorites!) starring Ace Young, yep Ace Young the super handsome American Idol hunk and his adorable American Idol wife Diana DeGarmo, will be there later this month, and Cinderella will be there in May. I definitely recommend checking it out-and if you're looking for someone to go with, you know where to find me ;)

It was pretty cool sitting in a huge theatre with a bunch of women who all fell in love with Dirty Dancing at some point in their lives, because we all seemed to hoot and holler at the same parts. I have never heard an audience erupt louder than I did last night when Johnny says his famous line 'nobody puts baby in a corner.' It was awesome. It was a very fun night filled great company, awesome food, and a fabulous show!

we totally had the time of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates